South Yarra History

Myrtle Street

Myrtle Street

The original land was purchased by Peter Davis in 1849. He was a prominent land speculator and later Mayor of … Read more »

Punt Road

Punt Road is one of Melbourne’s most clogged arterials linking the north … Read more »

Avoca Street South Yarra Street Sign

Avoca Street

Within walking distance of the Botanic … Read more »

Leopold Street

In 1885 nine and a half acres of land between Fawkner Park and The Royal Botanic Gardens was subdivided in … Read more »

Park Street South Yarra

Park Street

One of the oldest streets in South Yarra, architecturally Park Street is … Read more »

Daly Street South Yarra

Daly Street

The low-lying land and buildings of Daly Street South Yarra were originally owned by D.B. Daly, a landlord who didn’t … Read more »

Cassell Street

Cassell Street is named after The Hon. James Horatio … Read more »

Coolullah Avenue

Coolullah Avenue is a cul-de sac located on the west side of Williams Road just south of the Toorak Road … Read more »

Kensington Road

At the June 1840 land sales 21 acres were purchased by Mr Charles Williams at $66 per acre. When Charles … Read more »

Next Entries »